Really great to see you all last week! Hope you have all settled back to your sites and enjoying the hot weather. I'll email you instructions for updating this blog soon. Here's our own blog, although I haven't updated it for ages as Internet connection is so slow here! http://daisyswalkies.blogspot.com/
Chris, are you sending us feedback forms for the Crew training? Clap attack really works for Young Explorers, especially interesting for doing it again at the end but using things seen/learnt on the session instead of names as a conclusion. Surprising what both the kids and adults remember, so a good indicator of what works on the activity etc.
Here's a picture of the flag making that works here, especially on campsites in the Ranger Tent.
Materials: Canvas, masking tape, mud and water (great from a mole mound), natural colouring materials (grass, leaves, broom/gorse petals), a stick. PVA optional.
Method: Cut flag shape, stick tape on for shapes, paint on mud mixture, peel away tape, colour if desired, cut slits in flag for stick to weave through. PVA/water mix can be painted on after mud has dried to increase weather reisitance.
I usually play Clap Attack at the start of Young Explorers and it is popular. I didn't do it yesterday as strangely most of the children (and adults) drifted along 5 - 15 minutes late.
ReplyDeleteI like the flag making idea. I had thought about flag making last summer, but forgot didn't get around to trying it, then forgot about it this year! I may give it a shot.